The Microelectronics Industry Design Association of Ireland (MIDAS) wishes to foster excellence in electronic and microelectronic design and development. To that end MIDAS wishes to announce a competition open to all students studying electrical, electronic or microelectronic engineering in 3rd level colleges.
€1000 Cash prize for Winning Project
€250 Cash prizes for 2 Runners-Up
—– Kindly Sponsored by Analog Devices —–
How to enter:
Fill out a brief application Entry Form and submit a poster of the project which contains
• Title, Abstract
• Targeted Objective, References, Background and Motivation
• Work Done & Results
The poster should be submitted electronically (see below) and sized
for an A0 sheet by 25-June-2021.
Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to full-time 3rd level students in academic programmes at Level 9 or below who undertake projects as a recognised part of the academic programme.
- Students may submit a design and development project undertaken as part of their 3rd Level studies and submitted to their college as such. Group projects may be submitted.
- The project must have a microelectronic or an electronic system basis.
- Students fill out a brief application Entry Form and submit a poster of their project which contains
a) Title, Abstract
b) Targeted Objective, References, Background and Motivation
c) Work Done & Results
The poster should be submitted electronically (see below) and sized for an A0 sheet. Focus should be on a visual presentation of your designs, concepts and results versus a written presentation.
- An adjudication panel will assess each project and recommend a number of projects to enter into a final to take place in Oct-2021. A brief interview via phone may be used as part of the deliberations.
- The judging criteria includes:
a) Quality and creativity of the project objective
b) The overall impact of the poster – eye-catching, visual attractiveness and its ability to draw in the viewer
c) Execution of the project
- In the final, each project will be presented for 10-15 minutes with a 5-10 minute Q&A. This will be in front of an audience of MIDAS members and an adjudication panel. The winner will be announced after the presentations and an award made. The presentation is mandatory. For group projects, one member of the group should make the presentation.
- The adjudication panel will be a mixture of people from academic and industry backgrounds.
- Latest date for submission of posters is 25-June-2021
- The winner will receive a €1000 cash prize. Each runner-up will receive a €250 cash prize.
- Queries in relation to this competition may be directed to
Siobhan Walsh, MIDAS Co-Ordinator.
Mobile No: 089-4489963
- Participants should send a pdf file of their poster and application form to email@example.com
- All posters become property of the competition organizers. By submitting a poster, students give permission for their work to be displayed at MIDAS meetings, conferences and events, in publications and promotional material, and in electronic format on the Internet.
- The decision of the adjudication panel is final and Best of Luck everyone.