Why Join MIDAS Ireland?
Industry membership is open to any company involved in electronics or electronic systems, which is their core business or in support of their business. Examples would include microelectronics design (e.g. IC, FPGA), embedded software, electronics manufacturing, hardware prototyping, electronics services along with adjacent high tech industries such as automotive, med tech and photonics.
Academic membership is open to any academic institution that is involved in research relating to electronic chip and system design or who offer courses relevant to the broad electronics industry.
Benefits of MIDAS Membership:
- Unique industry-academic network providing interaction between industry and academia
- Access to shared experiences on issues and problems for companies
- Access to industry perspectives and research requirements for academic members
- Identification of training needs and outsourcing of training to world-class training providers with reduced group discounts in many cases for MIDAS members
- Representative body with State Agencies and Government
- Knowledge of and access to industry-led research programmes such as MCCI (Microelectronics Competence Centre Ireland)
- Access to information relevant to the microelectronics design industry via the MIDAS email network
Company Membership of MIDAS Ireland
Fill in our membership form to join today
Academic Membership of MIDAS Ireland
Join our network of enterprises and research partners
HEI Membership – No Fee
Industry Membership Fees
Industry members pay an annual fee.
|No. of Staff Worldwide||2022 Fee (€)|
|5 – 20||500|
|20 – 100||1000|
|100 – 500||3000|
MIDAS Ireland Company Members are drawn from all areas within the micro and nano electronics sector of the Irish economy
MIDAS membership has been invaluable to Intel providing an instant network to academia, new start-ups as well as established indigenous and multi-national companies.
S3 Group has benefited significantly from MIDAS membership over the last few years. The network has provided a platform to lobby for the Microelectronics industry, helped to launch the MCCI initiative, provides easy and central access to all the academic institutes, allowed us to share business experience with other members as well as giving us access to many low cost training courses. The benefits that we have derived from our membership means S3 Group plans to continue its membership of MIDAS for the foreseeable future.
MIDAS provides an opportunity to voice the opinions of the IC design industry in Ireland, to discuss common member concerns and is a unique networking opportunity for the semiconductor industry and university experts.
The ongoing positive collaboration between Industry, Education and Government remains an essential element if Ireland is to maintain its competitive position in Microelectronics.