Start date: 11 June 2019
Duration: 3 Days training plus ISTQB certification exam on 14th June am
Location: Intel, Shannon
Certificate: ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
Cost: Members € 450; Non-members € 675 including exam fee
Course code: N/A
This comprehensive introduction to software testing provides you with the knowledge and expertise to undertake the ISTQB examination for the Foundation Certificate offered on the morning after the 3-day course has been completed. This course has been accredited by the Irish Software testing Board (ISTB) and covers the syllabus for ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing.
Those attending the course will learn:
• The fundamental principles of Software Testing
• How testing fits into the development lifecycle
• The importance of test process, objectives, techniques and tools
• Essential functional and non-functional test methods
• Basic test design and measurement techniques
• Fundamental test management principles
• How to select and implement tools effectively
Who is the course for?
The intended audience includes software QA engineers, testers, developers and project leaders.
No specific prerequisites are assumed. Attendees are expected to be ‘software knowledgeable’ with some minimal test of software experience.
Part One: Fundamentals of testing
• What is testing?
• Why is testing necessary?
• Seven testing principles
• Test process
• The psychology of testing
Part Two: Testing through the software development life cycle
• Software development models
• Test levels
• Test types
• Maintenance testing
Part Three: Static Techniques
• Static testing basics
• Review process
Part Four: Test techniques
• Categories of test design techniques
• Black-box techniques
• White-box techniques
• Experience-based techniques
Part Five: Test Management
• Test Organisation
• Test planning and estimation
• Test monitoring and control
• Configuration Management
• Risk and Testing
• Defect Management
Part Six: Tool Support for Testing
• Test tool considerations
• Effective use of tools
• Externally invigilated on morning of day 4, Friday 14th June. It is a one hour exam, consisting of 40 multiple choice questions. To gain the Foundation Level, a delegate must get at least 65%.
Fran O’Hara B.Eng. M.Sc. has over 30 years experience in the software industry having worked as a researcher, developer, tester, project manager, software development manager and quality management consultant. Fran specialises in pragmatic approaches to lean/agile, software process improvement, quality/testing, and associated practices.
Fran is a Certified ScrumMaster and Professional ScrumMaster, an ISTQB testing tutor at advanced level, a CMMI lead assessor, a fellow of the Irish Computer Society, a past director of the TMMi Foundation, a member of the Irish Software Testing Board (ISTQB) and co-founder of the Irish SIG in Software Testing – SoftTest.