Start date: 18 May 2023
Duration: 2 Days, 18th and 19th May 2023, 9:30 am - 5 pm each day
Location: Virtual training
Cost: Members € 200, Non-Members €300
Course code: N/A
Please note the change of starting time to 9:30am each day.
This course provides a practical approach to project management based on the PMI® PMBOK6. Project Management fundamentals is designed to establish a detailed understanding of Project Management terms, concepts and methodologies. The practical content of this course ensures trainees “learn by doing” and gain a step-by-step, real-time experience of using the tools and implementing the methodologies and techniques. In simulating real-life environments, trainees gather the detailed knowledge required to apply the training on return to their work environment. Course follow-up includes provision of soft copies of a number of PMBoK-compliant Project management Tools and Templates – ready for immediate use in the workplace.
In order to meet demand this course was / is being rerun on 18th and 19th May 2023 following reruns on 11th - 12th Apr and 21st and 24th Feb 2023. There were also 5 previous reruns in 2022 and 2021 on: 4th and 13th Oct 2022, 23rd and 30th May 2022, 21st and 28th Feb 2022, 14th and 21st Oct 2021 and on 27th May and 2nd June 2021.
• Learn what is involved in delivering a project from concept through to closure
• Learn key project management tools and techniques, how and when to use them
• Learn how to plan rigorously and track and report on performance
• Learn how to apply this learning to a real-life environment.
Who is the course for?
There are three categories of people who benefit most from this course:
• New or prospective project managers, who are looking for practical guidance on the “right” way to manage their projects.
• Professionals who have no formal training but are working as project managers or key project or program team members.
• Functional Managers, who may have to manage some projects “part-time” in addition to their real jobs. Many of the PM tools and methods can also apply to line management and deliver real value.
This course covers the following:
• Project Management Framework for overall integration of project management knowledge areas and process groups
• Project Scope Management including collecting requirements, using WBS to graphically depict the scope of the project and scope control
• Project Schedule Management including building, estimating and optimising the schedule
• Project Cost Management including creating a budget and understanding earned value management to track the progress of the project
• Project Communication Management including creating a communication plan, managing expectations and running effective meetings
• Project Stakeholder Management to identify and prioritise stakeholders and to create effective engagement strategies
• Project Risk Management to identify and analyse risks and to plan suitable risk response strategies
• Project Resource Management including managing and motivating your team and learning different negotiation strategies
Norma Lynch is an international consultant and trainer, with over 20 years’ experience delivering projects and building the project management capability of global teams. She has excellent communication and presentation skills and enthuses her training classes with her passion for project management. She is highly qualified, with a Degree in IT, Diploma in Higher Education & a Master’s in Business Science. She has also delivered various keynotes on the power skills of project management at both national and international project management conferences.