Start date: 26 August 2019
Duration: 3 Days
Location: Tyndall National Institute, Cork
Cost: Members € 500; Non-members € 750
Course code: N/A
This course covers the fundamental concepts and design of key building blocks of RF Receivers & Transmitters.
Learn the Fundamentals of RF IC Design covering basic concepts, RF Receiver & Transmitter design principles including PLL design.
Who is the course for?
Mixed-Signal IC design engineers, who wish to deepen their understanding of RF IC design.
- Fundamental RF Concepts: Effects of Nonlinearity and Noise, Examples of Circuit Analysis
- Brief Overview of Modulation Schemes and Wireless Standards
- Receiver Design Principles
- Direct-Conversion Receiver and its design issues
- Transmitter Design Principles
- Direct-Conversion Transmitter and its design issues
- Low-Noise Amplifier Design
- Mixer Design
- RF Synthesis Principles
- Phase-Locked Loop Design
- Integer-N and Fractional-N Synthesizers
- VCO Design
Prof. Behzad Razavi is the director of the Communication Circuits Laboratory at the University of California Los Angeles.
He is an IEEE Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Fellow and a multiple award recipient for papers at ISSCC and other leading conferences.
He is the author/editor of seven key reference books on communications and IC design and he is returning to Ireland following his very popular 2018 RF course.